Shots are the life of parties these days or let’s say that parties begin when the shots are poured in and served. Party animals never fail to miss out on them, especially when so many different types and flavours of shots have now gained popularity in recent times.
Today, we are here to talk about one of such amazing, lively shots which is the polar bear shot.
What is a polar bear shot?
A Polar Bear shot is a mint chocolate shot or cocktail, usually made from peppermint schnapps or crème de cacao. A Polar bear shot can be your perfect go-to drink to serve in winter parties and refresh the entire spirit of the party.
How to make a polar bear shot?
Let us tell you how exactly you make a polar bear shot for yourself and your friends.
What are the ingredients? Before we begin with the steps of instructions on how to make a Polar bear drink, let us tell you the ingredients you need to have before going through the recipe.
Also read: Like Beer? Try Mini Beer- It’s Even Better!
You’ll be required to have two major things: crème de cacao and crème de menthe. Around ½ an ounce of both of these ingredients would do just perfectly for preparing one shot of Polar bear drink.
- Pour your ingredients along with ice, in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake thoroughly and serve it in shot glasses.
- Sip it up along with your gang.
Also, it is advisable to keep the shot glasses in the freezer before you mix up and serve the drink. This will ensure better results for you and everybody who drinks it along with you.
Polar bear drink
You would be surprised to know that polar bear shots aren’t the only Polar bear drink. There are so many more to add to the collection, and you don’t need to worry, because we have gathered the best of the lot for you right here. Have a look!
Polar bear milkshake:
2 cups vanilla ice cream, ½ cup whipping cream, shredded coconut or candy shreds (according to your topping preference), 1 tablespoon corn syrup, black gel frosting
- Blend the ice cream and the whipping cream in a blender, until the mixture becomes smooth enough.
- Take the tablespoon of corn syrup and pour it into a shallow bowl.
- Collect the coconut shreds in another shallow bowl or container.
- Take the milkshake glass and gently dip it into the bowls, first into the one with the syrup, and second, into the one with the coconut shreds. (remember to dip only the top edges of the glass)
- Pour the milkshake into the glass, avoiding the edges. And when you’re done, create a polar bear face on the top of the shake, and voila, you’re done!
Also read: Top 10 Most Expensive Whiskeys In The World
Swedish Polar bear cocktail:
Ingredients: 2 ounces vodka, 1-ounce blue curacao
Wondering how to make it? Well, the recipe for this is as simple as it can get. You just need to mix both the ingredients well in a cocktail glass and add some sprite for the taste. Also, lots of ice cubes.
Polar Bear Hot chocolate:
Hot chocolate is a treat for the mouth, and if you love it, you wouldn’t want to miss out on its polar bear recipe version.
Ingredients: 3 cups milk, 2/3 cup sugar, 200g chocolate, 1/3 cup Bailey’s Irish cream, 2 tablespoons peppermint schnapps, whipped cream, and cocoa powder/chocolate syrup
- Heat the milk and sugar together, but remember not to boil them.
- Add dark chocolate and whisk, or blend it in a blender.
- After it becomes fairly cool, add the Irish cream and peppermint schnapps
- Top it with whipped cream and cocoa/chocolate garnish before serving it.
Polar Bear Coffee:
Ingredients: ¾ peppermint schnapps, ¾ ounce crème de cacao, 4 ounces coffee, whipped cream, cocoa powder
- heat the glass of coffee for best results.
- Add peppermint schnapps and crème de cacao to the glass.
- Add coffee to the glass gently.
- Stir to mix the ingredients well.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder on the top.
Polar Bear Smoothie:
Ingredients: 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 sliced and frozen banana, 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract, ¼ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut, 1 teaspoon white chocolate chips, milk
How to make it? Blend the yogurt, peppermint, banana, chocolate, and coconut in a blender.
Next, add the milk gently until you achieve your desired consistency of the smoothie. Top your serving with additional coconut shreds and serve.
That’s how easy it is to make polar bear shots and drink
Apart from this, there are a lot many Polar Bear drinks and delicious recipes and trust us, you need to try out all of them for yourself. Among all of these, we love Polar bear shots the most, primarily because of their low alcohol content and the sweet cream. If you’re a lover of drinks, this is one recipe that you definitely need to try out as soon as possible.
Have a look at some variations of Polar bear drinks as well that you can taste with others.
- Polar Bear shot made with vodka, blue curacao, and 7-Up soda
- Polar bear shot made with vodka, lime juice, and 7-Up
- Polar bear shot using crème de cacao and crème de menthe
- Alaskan Polar bear heater using 2 shots vodka, rum, vinegar, vermouth, gin, brandy, shot scotch, orange peel.
- Polar bear in a blizzard, made with chocolate cream liqueur, peppermint schnapps liqueur, and vodka.
- Polar bear cooler made with rum, vermouth, lime juice, orange juice, and a splash of 7-Up.
This is all about Polar Bear shots and drinks. We hope you like it and find the given recipes easy enough to try them out yourself.
With the right ingredients, you can rock all of these recipes just perfectly and there’s nothing you need to worry about. So, what’s the wait for? Go grab these ingredients from the market and get on with the delicious recipes. Moreover, it will be best if you serve it at your house party, a pretty extraordinary idea, shifting from the mainstream art of serving drinks.