If your sex life is not much sugar and spice lately, then perhaps yoga can help you make it. Apart from rendering physical fitness and mental peace, yoga helps in improving your sex life and makes you last longer in bed with stronger erections. Who thought yoga could be of any help in such a situation?
A majority of yoga poses emphasize your pelvic strength and your lower abdominal strength, which ensure stronger and long-lasting erections. In addition, yoga’s ability to tether an individual to the present moment also helps in calming down your nerves before or during intercourse and helps you enjoy the moment.
Consequently, you connect with your partner effectively and as a result, the activity goes beyond mere pleasurable sex.
With that said, let’s look at some of the greatest yoga poses for men that can ameliorate their sex lives. (You‘re welcome, guys)
Recommended reading: Secret To Great Sex Life: 8 Super Foods For Your Penis’ Blood Flow
Yoga poses for men that can spice up their sex lives:
One of the best poses to strengthen your back, the cobra helps you to control your breathing. Controlling your breathing is, believe it or not, one of the best ways to experience the climax.
How to do it:
- Start by lying on your stomach and placing your hands on the floor, under your shoulders and with your elbows pointing back
- Make sure that your fingers are widely spread and relax
- Your thighs need to be inward so that your kneecaps are pointed straight down and your toes are in contact with your floor.
- Now, very carefully squeeze the lower part of the body, including your thighs, glutes, and toes with each other and press your pelvis into the floor.
- Use your core to lift your chest from the floor, lengthen your spine forward. Remember to use your core and not your arms to lift yourself up
- Once your chest is away from the floor, look straight ahead
- Press your shoulder blades toward each other and away from your ears
- Press your elbows to the sides of your body
- Hold that posture for one minute and exhale when you lift yourself higher
If you want your body to be ready for new positions, then crow is one of the best yoga sex positions for men that can help you prep for the same. It is a strengthening pose for your shoulder blades and core, that will help you stay elevated during sex and maintain balance.
When you strengthen your core, you are also boosting your testosterone levels which improve your fertility and spike your sperm production.
How to do it:
- Place your hands on the ground, shoulder-width apart. Make sure that they are away from your ears
- Don’t lock your elbows, you can have a slight bend there
- Now, take a deep breath and bring your knees close to your elbows until they rest over them.
- Lean your body slightly forward, make sure that your core is engaged and push your hands to the ground
- You can stay in this position as long as you like and feel comfortable.
3. High Lunge:
The high lunge is one of the most effective poses in yoga for longer better sex as it is an infallible combination of endurance, balance, hip flexibility and core strength. This pose teaches you how to manage your core, which renders more power and range of motion from your chest to your knees. Consequently, you have more control and strength during sex as well.
How to do it:
- Begin with placing your feet on the floor, hip-width apart
- Now, lift your right leg and place it a few inches in front of you and bend it until you make a right angle with your right as well as the left leg.
- Press your left knee on the floor to engage your entire left leg including your knees, glutes and thighs
- To engage your inner thighs and core, you need to press legs toward each other.
- Now, reach your arms overhead
- Make sure that your right knee does not pass your right ankle and you don’t shift forward. Your spine needs to remain straight and your knee has to be in alignment with your ankle
- Remain in this position for a few minutes
- Inhale when you reach your arms overhead, lengthen the spine and exhale when you deepen the lunge
- Repeat on the other side
The horse focuses on developing your hip flexibility, lower body strength and improving your mobility, not to mention the engagement of your core to take some pressure off the lower back. In addition, the horse position helps in keeping your body straight which helps in building endurance and strength during sex.
How to do it:
- Start by placing your feet on the floor, wider than your hips and shoulders, almost like a sumo
- Make sure that the soles of your feet are pointing inward whereas the toes are outward.
- You can place your hands on the hips to maintain a straight posture
- Now, squat down, with your hips going backwards and knees pointing outwards
- Make sure that when you go down, your glutes are tight and your knees are in line with the middle toes.
- Now, raise your arms and bend your elbows at a right angle with your palms facing forward
- You can stay in this position for a few minutes
5. Half plank:
The half plank position helps in maintaining balance and muscle endurance which help you keep going during sexual intercourse.
How to do it:
- Start by placing the palms of your hands on the floor, shoulders away from your ears, feet on the floor, hip-width apart and core engaged
- Make sure that your shoulder, hips and the rest lower-part of your body are in a straight line
- Now, lower your hands and rest on your elbows until it forms a 90-degrees angle
- Press your elbows tightly to your sides and gaze forward
- Remain in the same position for a minute
These are some of the most effective yoga poses that scream sex for men. By building core strength, balance, muscle endurance, these yoga poses for men help in ameliorating the sex lives and add the much-needed spice to it.