Just when you think that this is all about yoga, there comes up another benefit to add to the list. There is a reason why yoga has been so popular for ages and works wonders for so many things. like yoga for glowing skin.
One of the numerous benefits of practicing yoga is clear skin. Yes, you read it right! Yoga can help make your skin glow. It causes enlargement of the blood vessels (vasodilation) which increases the flow of blood to the skin, increasing the supply of oxygen and nutrients, providing you the natural glow on your skin that you’ve always yearned for.
Yoga for glowing skin
Given below is a list of some of the best asanas or postures that can help you get rid of body toxins and get you clear skin.
- Tadasana (Mountain pose):
This simple standing yoga posture helps in increasing blood flow to the skin and also in alleviating stress. More oxygen helps the body in getting rid of harmful toxins and keeps the skin healthy.
Steps to do Tadasana:
- Stand on the ground with your heels slightly apart.
- Press your soles firmly on the ground, and draw your thighs inward and upward.
- Draw in your belly.
- Keep your chin parallel to the mat and draw your shoulders back and down.
- Let your arms hang behind your torso.
- You can also raise your hands in front of the chest to make the position of doing a prayer.
- Inhale and exhale 5 breaths deeply.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra position):
If you’re under mental or emotional stress, that automatically impacts your skin. This asana opens up your lungs and energizes the body to reduce stress, tension, and fatigue. It reduces oxidative stress and lowers cortisol to prevent the formation of any aging signs on the skin.
Steps to do bhujangasana:
- Lie down on your belly on the yoga mat.
- Stretch your legs behind you with your knees touching and the tops of the feet resting on the mat.
- Spread your hands on the floor beneath your shoulders.
- Inhale deeply and straighten your arms to push your chest up and off the mat.
- Elongate your neck and roll your shoulders back slowly.
- Hold for 5 breaths.
- Sarvangasana (shoulder stand):
This position is considered as one of the most effective yoga asanas to get glowing skin. It promotes the flow of blood towards the face, thereby making your skin rid of pimples, acne, dull skin, and wrinkles.
Steps of instructions:
- Lie down on your mat and draw your feet close to the hips and fold your legs against the thighs.
- With the support of your hands, gently raise your lower body vertically, with a pull of the abdominal muscles.
- Balance the entire weight of your body upon the palms, elbows, neck, and back of the head.
- Maintain the position for some time, not more than 2 minutes. Breathe normally.
- Return to the initial position while inhaling.
- Take a few deep breaths.
This is also known as the forward bending pose and helps promote blood flow to the face. It also helps supply useful nutrients to the skin cells that fight the damage caused by free radicals and therefore, encourages rejuvenation of the skin.
- Stand straight on your mat.
- Take a breath and soften your knees.
- Bend forward, folding from your hips.
- Move your hips and your tailbone slightly back as the rest of your body moves forward.
- Rest your hands on the ground, close to your feet.
- Your chest must float over your feet. Feel the fold and the stretch from your hip bone.
- Your head must dangle such that the crown reaches the floor. Look through your legs, and keep holding the pose for some time.
- Contract the abdomen muscles and the core and inhale to release your posture. Rise slowly, feeling an elongation in your back, and stand up.
5. Matsyasana (Fish Pose):
- Lie down on your back.
- Keep your forearms flats on the mat, while your upper arms perpendicular to the floor.
- Roll your shoulders back and puff up your chest.
- Press your palms into the mat, or tuck your hands under your butt.
- Open your throat and lower the crown of the head back until it comes to the floor.
- To restore your position, press into the forearms and raise your head off the floor to release the upper body.
The fish pose has various benefits. It helps regulate the production of hormones in the body by improving the functions of the thyroid, penal, and pituitary glands. It also stretches the muscle of the face and the throat quite well, thus also helping in getting rid of a double chin.
6. Trikonasana (Triangle pose):
This asana works wonders in opening up the chest, the lungs as well as the heart. By helping in increasing the oxygen supply to the skin cells, it helps energize the skin, giving it a fresh and glowing look.
- Stand straight with your feet wide apart.
- Turn your right foot out by 90 degrees, and the left one by 15 degrees.
- Align the center of your right heel with the center of the arch of your left foot.
- Your body weight must be equally balanced on both feet in this position.
- Bend your body to the right, keeping the waist straight, moving your left hand up in the air while your right hand comes down towards the floor. Keep both hands in a straight line.
- Keep your head in a neutral position or turn it on the left, and keep your eyes on your left palm.
- Your body must be bent sideways, and not in a backward or forward position. Stretch to the maximum, while also taking deep breaths.
- Inhale to bring your arms down to your sides and straighten your feet to resume your position.
- Repeat on the other side.
This is all about yoga for glowing skin. We hope you find your answer that has been lingering for long in your mind: “Can yoga make your skin glow?” well, we’re leaving it up to you now, try these and find out!