What comes to mind on seeing bananas? The Minions?
Bananas are yummy and luscious fruits that possess a mixed flavor of honey, caramel, and candy. These iconic golden fruits contain high amounts of potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fibers, various antioxidants, and phytonutrients. They are available throughout the year and are a paramount part of the South Asian diet.
Have you ever wondered how delicious it would taste if you blend bananas into creamy banana shakes? Trust us! Once you drink a glass of banana shake, you will trade anything to buy a bunch of bananas that can serve you for a week.
Health benefits of banana shake
The health benefits of banana shake are manifold that you will end up gaping your mouth in awe. We have listed the prime health benefits of banana shake.
1. Banana shake is loaded with nutrients: Unlike pizzas, burgers, and fizzy juices, every cup of banana shake is packed with vital nutrients. They are high sources of magnesium that regulates the heart and the circulatory system. It protects from various chronic heart diseases, high blood pressure, and Type II Diabetes.
A banana contains about 9% of the daily potassium intake. The potassium in bananas maintains the body fluid and electrolyte levels. It flushes out the excess sodium in your body and maintains liquid equilibrium. The vitamin B6 in bananas assists in manufacturing new red blood cells. The high fiber content in banana shake helps in proper digestion.
2. Banana shake as a post-workout drink: Banana shake acts as a perfect post-workout or energy drink. When your body is tired after your daily workout routine, a glass of banana shake helps to restore glucose in your body. Potassium and magnesium strengthen and nourish your tired muscles.
3. Banana shake helps in weight gain: Many of us wish to have a natural weight gain, and a banana shake serves the purpose. Banana shake is rich in calories and boosts body weight. A blend of almond butter, milk, bananas, nuts, and honey helps in weight gain. This method of weight gain is usually preferred by people who have lost weight due to a prolonged illness and require a speedy recovery.
4. Banana shake helps in weight loss: Are you pondering on how banana shake can aid in weight gain and weight loss at the same time? Bananas contain healthy carbs that help in building mass, but it solely depends on what you eat. The high fiber content in banana shake makes your stomach full so that you don’t require an extra plate of delicacies. Thus, it helps in weight loss.
5. Banana Shake helps recover from a hangover: It is fun to spend the weekend at a party, accompanied by a couple of friends and a cup of rum. The effects of the night’s party bring a terrible headache the following morning. A banana shake made of milk, curd, banana, and some strawberries help in curing the unnecessary hangover.
After being soaked in alcohol, frequent urination leads to loss of body electrolytes. The potassium content in the banana shake helps in restoring the lost fluids.
6. Banana shake is the best solution for diarrhea: Diarrhea dries out the body by flushing out all the necessary electrolytes. The significant health benefits of banana shake are that it has the power to replenish lost electrolytes and fluids, and regulates guts movements.
7. Banana Shake is stomach-friendly: A banana shake made of green bananas is rich in pectin and starch. These nutrients feed the good bacteria that aid in digestion. It prevents the entire gut from harmful bacterial growth.
8. Banana Shake is good for your skin and hair: Vitamin C helps in producing collagen, which enhances your skin and hair. It prevents you from getting wrinkles, skin inflammation, and psoriasis. Making banana shake a part of your diet plan prevents your head from baldness.
When should you consume a glass of banana shake?
Banana shake is a healthy and convenient breakfast option. Consuming it in the morning is highly beneficial than any other part of the day. The body is supplied with a sufficient amount of Vitamin B6, Potassium, Magnesium, Manganese, fibers, and antioxidants, that assist in the normal functioning of your body and various other metabolisms.
When you follow a weight loss diet, drinking a banana shake in the morning or noon is advisable. Drinking banana shake at night is recommended as it is healthy for your body to digest all the sugar before your day’s rest.
How to prepare a banana shake?
Is your mouth drooling over after going through the health benefits of banana shake? We are glad to share four easy ways to prepare a glass of smooth banana shake. You can savor this healthy drink as a convenient breakfast or as an energy drink.
1. A protein fuel: Take a bowl and add to it 1 cup of milk or almond milk, ½ cup of Greek yogurt, 1 mashed banana, a required amount of protein powder, some nuts like almonds, cashews and seeds like pumpkin, a pinch of cinnamon, and ice cubes. Blend these ingredients well, and your cheap energy drink is ready!
2. For weight loss: Take a glass and add ½ cup of milk, 1 mashed banana, 1 tablespoon of almond butter, and a pinch of cinnamon for taste. Whisk these well, and your yummy low carb banana shake is ready!
3. For a better taste: While this is not as healthy as a pure banana shake, you can opt for this when your taste buds yearn for yummy food. Take a bowl and add 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of vanilla ice cream, 1 mashed banana, and 6-8 tablespoons of chocolate powder. Blend them well, and treat your taste buds with this banana-chocolate milkshake.
4. For vegetarians: This is a mouth-watering recipe. Take a glass and add to it 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 mashed banana, 1 cup of non-dairy yogurt, ¼ cup oats, some seeds like pumpkin and chia, some nuts like pistachios and walnuts, and ½ cup of crushed ice. Blend them well, and relish the delicious vegan banana shake.
Is your stomach rumbling with hunger pangs after reading this? Try a glass of banana shake, and your taste buds will plead for more!