Trends come and go, but there is one trend that is in for the long haul. And by judging the title of this article, you know what we are talking about. Yes, the trend of beards is going to stay for a long period and not going very soon.
With all men trying to grow a beard on their faces, many forget that a beard is not one-size-fits-all, much like the hairstyle. As per different shapes of faces, you will find different styles of beard. If you mess that equation up, you might attract everyone’s attention, but for all the wrong reasons.
Therefore, here is a comprehensive article describing different beard styles for oval face men and how to take care and maintenance once you have fully grown the desired beard you wanted to.
However, before we begin with the litany of different beard styles for men with oval faces, let us first discuss the process of determining your face shape. If you have got this first step wrong, the entire process of beard growing may go downhill.
How to determine the face shape?
For this process, be ready with a measurement tape and start recording the measurements as you go about determining your face shape.
- Forehead: To get a perfect measurement of this one, you need to use the peak of your two eyebrows as your starting and ending points. Measure across these two points and record it somewhere.
- Cheekbones: For measuring the length of your cheekbones, keep your tape at the pointiest part beneath the corner of your eyes.
- Jawline: Keep your tape at the tip of your chin and measure till the point below your ear. Once you get the number, multiply it by two and you will get the perfect measurement of your jawline.
- Face length: To measure the length of your face, use your hairline and tip of your chin as your starting and ending points respectively.
Once you get all your measurements done, reckon which face shape you have with the help of the internet. When it comes to an oval face, you will find that the face length will be greater than the width of your face and your forehead will be longer than your jawline which will also be rounded.
5 Beard styles for oval face men
- Dirty debonair look
This is one of the easiest beard styles for men with an oval face as they just have to allow their beard to grow and spend no effort in grooming it. You just have to grow the beard along the length of your jawline in a fuzzy manner and all will be good!
- Short beard
If you have an oval face then growing and grooming a classic short beard is one of the best beard styles to do. A short beard only asks for regular trimming and nothing more, which is easy to do in this fast-paced life.
- Different types of goatee
The goatee is one of the stylish and confident beard styles for an oval face. However, if you want to bring pizzazz into it, you can use different versions of it which will never fail you. Here are some of them:
- The full goatee: To master this one, you need to shave all your beard hair that has grown across your mouth. Allow your mustache and some hair to grow on your chin.
- Thin goatee: Almost similar to the full goatee version, the thin goatee asks you to keep your mustache and chin hair on your face, only with a few hairs. If you have thin beard growth, this is the go-to beard style that you should go for.
- Patchy goatee: This is also one of the stylish goatee versions which is gaining momentum recently. Unlike the previous versions wherein you had to connect the mustache with the hair on your chin, a patchy goatee requires no sort of connection. You just have to grow the mustache and the hair on your chin separately.
- Defined lines
For this one, you just need to allow the hair on your chin to grow along with the hair on the part which is exactly below your lower lip. This will help you give a cool and stylish look which will impress the girl you want to.
- The landing strip
A simpler version of the defined lines, a landing strip requires you to grow hair on your chin in the manner of a thin strip that stretches across the part below your lower lip to the tip of your chin.
How to take care once the beard is grown?
Once you have grown the desired beard, you will need to invest some time and effort in proper maintenance and care of it. Here are some of the steps that you need to follow:
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Maintaining a healthy lifestyle includes eating healthy food and staying hydrated. If you follow a healthy diet, your hair will get appropriate nutrition which will enhance your beard growth.
- Use a beard shampoo while washing: It is very essential to use a beard shampoo at least twice a week when you are washing your beard. While regularly washing it, make sure that you do not use any kind of product which contains harmful chemicals which can cause hair loss.
Apart from using beard shampoo, it is also necessary to use a beard conditioner as it can moisturize and nourish your hair properly. After you have washed your hair, it is extremely necessary to dry them thoroughly. Make sure you do it gently as rigorous drying methods result in hair loss and brittleness of hair.
- Apply beard oil: As the hair on the scalp needs nourishment through oil from time to time, your beard also needs oil which can help you rejuvenate them. Make sure that your beard oil contains olive oil, which is one of the best oils to revitalize and nourish.
Apart from all these tips, make sure that you continue grooming your beard regularly by trimming them and keeping them neat and clean. The beard styles for oval face men as mentioned above will not give you the much-needed satisfaction if you do not take proper care and maintenance.