‘Dil Bechara’ was the last movie that featured the hero of the Bollywood film industry, Sushant Singh Rajput who died on June 14, 2020. The movie had started streaming on the OTT platform of Disney+Hotstar on July 24, 2020. In honor of his death, Disney+Hotsar provided free access to everyone to watch the film with or without a subscription.
Although on its release, the movie received mixed reviews from the critics, the movie has etched a lifetime impact on people and people will never get tired of hearing ‘Dil Bechara’ quotes. Despite the flawless running time, excellent performances of Sanjana Sanghi, story, soundtrack, people criticized the movie for its dearth of emotion, cohesion, and comprehensive narrative.
This coming-of-age romance film was directed by Mukesh Chhabra, written by Shashank Khaitan and Suprotim Sengupta, and produced by Fox Studios. As we all know, ‘Dil Bechara’ has been inspired by John Greene’s book, ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ where Emmanuel Rajkumar, whose character was played by Sushant Singh Rajput and Kizzi Basu whose role is played by Sanjana Sanghi are terminal cancer patients.
The movie ends with the death of Emmanuel Rajkumar which often brings tears to the eyes of the audience. One of the best ‘Dil Bechara’ movie quotes that had stirred everybody was when Emmanuel Rajmuar said, ‘ Janm kab lena hai aur marna kab hai hum decide nahi kar sakte, par kaise jeena hai vo hum decide kar sakte hain.’ (We cannot decide when we are going to be born or die, but we can always decide how to live our lives)
This ‘Dil Bechara’ dialogue had forced everybody on social media to share their feelings and open up about how badly they were hurt by the actor’s unfortunate demise. Fortunately, this is not the only quote that we can use to lighten our day and bring some motivation back in our lives.
However, before we begin enlisting some of the motivational and deeply-moving quotes of the movie, let us know some of the facts about the movie that you probably didn’t know.
6 Interesting facts about ‘Dil Bechara’ movie
- Before naming it ‘Dil Bechara’, the movie was supposed to be named ‘Kizzie Aur Manny’. However, it was changed after hearing the album composed by A.R. Rehman whose lyrics were written by Amitabh Bhattacharya.
- When the trailer was released, it became the most liked video within the first 24 hours on YouTube. It also received 10 million likes on the platform, making it the first-ever trailer to get so many likes.
- This movie is the first-ever movie of Mukesh Chhabra as the director.
- While shooting for the song ‘Dil Bechara’ in the movie, Sushant Singh did it successfully and perfectly in just one shot. One of the major causes behind its success was the choreographer Farah Khan. She said that she wanted to do it in one shot because she knew that Sushant Singh Rajput would be able to do it in one shot.
- What’s interesting is the fact that Farah Khan did not even charge any fees for choreographing the song in the movie.
- Dil Bechara was originally scheduled to release on May 8 in theatres. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, it had to be streamed on the OTT platform, Disney+Hotstar.
Now that we know some of the interesting facts about the movie, let’s jump onto some of the interesting ‘Dil Bechara’ dialogues which are motivating and heart-wrenching.
Here are some of the most compelling and inspiring ‘Dil Bechara’ quotes that will help you get through the day.
Top 14 Dil Bechara quotes to motivate you about life
- ‘Man karta hai ki itna tight hug doon ki tooti zindagi jod doon’ – Emmanuel Rajkumar (I wish to hug you so tight that it mends your broken life)
- ‘Kehte hain pyaar neend ki tarah hota hai, dheere dheere aata hai, aur phir ekdum se aap usmein kho jaate ho. – Kizzie Basu (People say that love is like sleep; sleep often comes slowly and gradually, before you know it, you are enveloped in it)
- Jaise pushpinder meri lungs ke liye zaroori hai waise tum mere heart ke liye zaroori ho. – Kizzie Basu (As my lungs need pushpinder, my heart needs you)
- Meri rani zinda hai aur tab tak humari kahaani bhi zinda hai – Emmanuel Rajkumar (My queen is alive and as long as she is alive, our story will go on)
- I don’t want to be strong, I want to be normal – Kizzie Basu
- Hum dono ke pass na kuch bolne ke liye tha, na kuch sunne ke liye – Kizzie Basu (We did not have anything to talk about nor anything to listen to)
- Jab koi mar jaata hai, toh uske saath jeene ki umeed bhi mar jaati hai – Kizzie Basu (When a beloved dies, the hope to live also dies with them)
- Kabhi kabhi lagta hai ki mein reality show ki contestant hoon. Bas eliminate hone wali hoon par koi vote karke bacha leta hai. – Kizzie Basu(Sometimes I feel that I am a contestant in a reality show who will be eliminated anytime. But someone is always there to vote for me and I am saved.)
- Gaana adhura kyun tha? Kyun ki life hi adhuri hai. –Kizzie Basu (Why was the song left incomplete? Because life is incomplete)
- Hero banne ke liye popular nahi banna padta. Woh real life mein bhi hote hain. – Kizzie Basu (You do not have to be popular to become a hero. You can be one in real life as well.)
- Main bahot bade bade sapne dekhta hoon, par unko pura karne ka man nahi karta. – Emmanuel Rajkumar (I have a lot of big dreams, but I don’t have the heart to achieve them)
- ‘But I am a fighter and I fought well.’ – Emmanuel Rajkumar
- ‘Tum mere heart ke liye zaroori ho. It beats faster every time you come closer.’ – Kizzie Basu (You are needed for my heart. It beats faster every time you come closer)
- Jisne mujhe hasna sikhaya voh mere samne roh raha tha, chilla raha tha. Aur main phir kuch nahi kar payi. – Kizzie Basu (The one who taught me how to laugh, was crying and shouting in front of me. And I was not able to do anything)
These are some of the most thought-provoking and deeply moving ‘Dil Bechara’ quotes, which will never fail to arouse the memory of the actor who gave his all in the movie.
We will always miss you, Sushant!