If you are a health connoisseur, this might not be the results you might be on the hunt for. No, the green tea shot isn’t a magic potion that will help you lose weight or a drink that will detoxify your body and give you clean skin. The green tea shot that we are talking about is quite different from what you might be looking for.
Winter brunches are incomplete without those fruity cocktails and whiskey icy shots. One of those whiskey shots that you constantly order for every brunch, has an even delicious variant: the green tea shot. The green tea shot is a wonderful alcoholic drink, perfect for those house parties and brunch afternoons.
If you don’t like the bitter taste of green tea, don’t worry. The green tea shot has nothing to do with green tea (except the name of course). Instead, it is a fruity drink that is green in colour and has an overpowering yet delightful taste of peaches. And, if you like the taste of whiskey, the green tea shot might just become your favourite drink!
What is green tea?
Green tea is a popular healthy beverage that originates from China but has established its way in every corner of the world. Green tea is prepared by infusing the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant in hot water.
Green tea is a refreshing and herbaceous beverage that has a number of health benefits. The health benefits of green tea are legendary and have been frequently validated by ancient Ayurveda and also modern science. Green tea aids in weight loss, boosts metabolism, can prevent certain types of cancer, and gives your skin a healthy glow. Overall, it has detox properties.
What is a green tea shot?
It will take you by surprise to know that the green tea shot has nothing to do with the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. The green tea shot is simply called a green tea shot because it has a greenish tint to it.
Often, the drink is also called the Jameson green tea, so don’t be misled. The green tea shot ingredients are simple and can be prepared by anyone.
The green tea shot has strong flavours of whiskey and peaches. Therefore, if you don’t like either of those ingredients, you will want to stay away from it.
How to make a green tea shot?
Wondering how to make a green tea shot? We have got you covered. Follow the recipe below to make the best green tea shot you’ll ever taste in your life! Here’s how you can make a green tea shot.
- Jameson Irish whiskey (if you don’t have Jameson, you can use any other brand of whiskey)
- Peach schnapps
- Fresh lemonade (if you don’t have lemonade, you can switch it up with sprite)
- Sweet and sour mix
- Ice cubes
- A slice of lemon
- Castor sugar (to decorate the rim of the glass)
- Pour the Jameson whiskey, peach schnapps, and the sweet and sour mix in a shaker and blend all the ingredients together.
- Add ice cubes and blend until the ice cubes are broken into small ice chips or until they melt completely.
- Take a cocktail glass and cover the rim with castor sugar and add a slice of lemon.
- Pour the drink into the glass and top it up with some sprite or fresh lemonade.
Additional tip: You can also garnish with mint leaves!
If you are not a fan of drinks like the long island iced tea, then you won’t like the green tea shot either. Instead, you might want to check out these alcoholic beverages that don’t taste like alcohol.
Benefits of the green tea shot
Besides being one of the best whiskey cocktails there is, the green tea shot also has several health benefits:
- The 1-theanine present in the green tea shot ingredients aids in the fight against anxiety and high blood pressure.
- The green tea shot can reduce the possibility of various cancers like skin and lung by slowing down the growth of cancer cells in the body.
- The green tea shot helps in healing liver diseases by decreasing the enzyme level in the liver.
- It is said that if you drink the green tea shot, it can also prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
Variations of the green tea shot
If you liked the peachy aftertaste of the green tea shot, here are some other beverages that you might want to try:
Just like the green tea shot, the Vegas bomb also contains whiskey and peach schnapps. Mix in fresh cranberry juice, Malibu, or even Red Bull with it to elevate the taste of the liquor.
Washington apple shot
The Washington apple shot is a classic fruity alcoholic drink. It is prepared by mixing Canadian whiskey, sour apple schnapps, club soda, and cranberry juice.
Green Tea Cocktail
For this recipe, instead of the peach schnapps, you will require real peaches. Other ingredients of the green tea cocktail include apple cider, whiskey, loose green tea, and apple slices (optional).
Here’s everything you needed to know about the ultimate cool drink: the green tea shot! Next time you have friends over for a party, definitely give this a shot!