Natural cure for appendicitis
What is Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a clinical emergency, which means the inflammation of the appendix. It is generally characterized by pain in the lower right abdomen which can lead to serious infections and even prove to be fatal if neglected. Some symptoms of appendicitis include:
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in the lower right abdomen, which keeps worsening.
- Swelling in the abdomen
- Pain while urinating
- Inability to pass gas
- Vomiting after the abdominal pain
Symptoms of appendicitis:
The exact cause of appendicitis is not known. However, it occurs when the appendix somehow gets obstructed or blocked in any way. Some ways in which this can happen, include:
- Intestinal worms
- Hardened stool
- Enlargement of lymphoid follicles
Appendicitis is generally treated by laparoscopy, i.e. the removal of the appendix through surgery.
Some options of treatment that are available for this condition include:
- Needle drainage
- Surgery to drain an abscess
- Pain relievers and antibiotics
- IV fluids
- Liquid diet
At an earlier stage, antibiotics can also help eliminate the need for surgery.
Remedies for appendicitis: natural cure for appendicitis
Natural remedies aren’t available for this condition. However, some of them might help in reducing the pain associated with appendicitis and can serve as a good temporary solution.
- Fenugreek seeds:
Fenugreek seeds can be beneficial in preventing the formation of mucus and pus in the appendix and hence reduce the pain. You can boil 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a liter of water for around 30 mins. Strain the water and take it twice a day.
Garlic possesses antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help with the pain and inflammation associated with the condition of appendicitis. Crush some garlic cloves and consume them with water. Garlic is generally consumed to be consumed on an empty stomach.
Buttermilk can offer the body special probiotics that help in suppressing the growth of any bacteria or microbial growth, and is hence found to be beneficial for appendicitis. To consume buttermilk, you can mix various other ingredients as well and make it a delicious drink or you can consume just buttermilk as well.
Mint can be used to alleviate some of the symptoms of appendicitis, like nausea and vomiting. You can add 2 to 3 drops of mint essence in water and drink it every 3 to 4 hours.
You can mix cucumber and beet juice in some carrot juice and drink it two times every day. This could also help alleviate the symptoms of appendicitis.
- Green grams:
Green grams have shown good effects on people having appendicitis, and helping reduce the pain and other symptoms in them. These are endowed with anti-inflammatory properties and are extremely nutritious as well.
To consume green grams, all you need to do is soak some green grams in some amount of water for a night. In the morning, you can consume these grams directly, or you can also consume them in the form of a delicious salad. As for the dosage, three-time a day would work in your favor and give you maximum output.
Lemon can help with indigestion and constipation, and even with pain relief and boosting immunity. You can squeeze a fresh lemon to mix it with water, and maybe some honey, and consume it daily.
Tips for people with appendicitis:
Some foods can trigger inflammation and abdominal pain, while some can help calm them. You must consume the right foods so that your symptoms do not tend to worsen. Firstly, it is recommended to base most of your diet on liquids. Secondly, some foods you must include in your diet are:
- Whole grains
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juice
- Sprouted seeds
- Steamed veggies
- High fiber foods
What are the foods that should be avoided in the condition of appendicitis?
Here’s a list of some foods that you must not consume if you’re suffering from appendicitis.
- Processed food
- Aerated drinks
- High-fat food
- Food with high contents of sugar
- Very spicy or fried food
- Foods tending to form gas, like beans, vegetables, broccoli, etc.
- Take enough rest and sleep
- Consume plenty of liquids
- Go for a small walk every day
- Avoid any kind of strenuous activities, like lifting heavy objects, etc.
Complications associated with appendicitis:
In some cases, appendicitis can cause severe complications. Some of these include:
- Formation of abscess or a pocket of pus in the appendix, which can lead to the leakage of pus and bacteria in the abdominal activity
- Rupturing of appendix
- Development of a condition called Peritonitis, which occurs when bacteria get spilled in the abdominal activity and its lining gets infected
- Bacterial infections might also affect other organs in the body, like your colon or the bladder.
Risk factors for appendicitis:
Although the exact cause of appendicitis is not known, some possible risk factors can be associated with an increased risk of developing this condition.
Some of these risk factors can be:
- Sex: appendicitis is seen to be more common in males than females.
- Age: This condition mostly affects people in the age group of 15 to 30 years old.
- Family history: If you have a family history of appendicitis or many people have been affected by it in your family, this can mean an increased risk of you developing the condition.
This is all about the natural cure for appendicitis and other important things you need to know. You must not ignore this condition, since it can turn serious and fatal at any time. Hence, as soon as you recognize any of the symptoms, talk to your doctor about it and get yourself checked. We hope this article helps you.