Oats for hair? With the changing environment and advancement and the development of technology, there has been a spike in pollution these days which has far greater implications on the climate globally. However, dust, dirt, and chemicals also affect our body in more ways than we can imagine.
The highly affected part of our body which is affected by pollution is our hair. Pollution causes our hair to turn dull and dry, not to mention those recurring dandruff that causes unimaginable hair loss.
However, this interminable pollution should not cause you to sink your hearts in your boots, because oats for hair have never proved themselves more capable and successful than before.
Why are oats so healthy?
Scientifically known as Avena Sativa, oats are whole-grain food that is generally consumed in the form of rolled, crushed, or steel-cut oats. They are highly nutritious, being the great storehouse of carbohydrates and fiber. Not only that, but they also contain the right amount of proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals which are necessary for healthy skin and hair.
Their high nutritious content not only makes them good for your skin and your overall body but also helps in enriching the quality of your hair. Here are some top 5 benefits of using oatmeal for hair.
5 Amazing benefits of using oats for hair
Oats can be easily applied topically on your skin and your hair. Due to their high vitamin E content, oats are considered to possess a significant therapeutic and cosmetic value. Vitamin E is essential because it nourishes and refreshes the skin by penetrating the deep layers.
1. Helps in increasing thickness and texture:
Oats are a great source of omega-6 fatty acids which prevent hair from a kind of damage, scalp-flaking, and even reduce split-ends. Not only that, but it also helps in strengthening all your hair strands and follicles, which in turn makes them thicker. It ameliorates the quality of your locks from being brittle to thick and lustrous. In addition to this, oats add more luster and natural shine to your hair.
2.Helps in removing dandruff:
Oats contain saponin which helps in cleaning the sebum which is released by hair follicles and helps in absorbing dirt. They also help in creating a barrier around the scalp skin to reduce transepidermal water loss (TEWL), which is the evaporation of water into the external environment through the epidermis, the first layer of the skin. Transepidermal water loss affects the hair negatively and makes them look dull and dry.
As oats act as healthy barriers around the scalp skin, they also help in protecting the hair follicles from unwanted chemicals and pollutants, which in turn, helps in improving the hair quality.
3. Increases the growth of hair:
As mentioned earlier, oats are a great storehouse of saponin which helps in removing dandruff from hair. In addition to saponin, oats are also rich in beta-glucan and protein. Beta-glucan helps in retaining moisture to the scalp, whereas protein helps in making the hair look healthy and lustrous.
4. Helps in treating a flaky and itchy scalp:
Oats, being rich in nutritious content, also contain manganese which helps in reducing skin and scalp inflammation and also aids in treating some minor injuries. If you have a lot of dandruff or dust in your hair, oats can help you obliterate them and also moisturize your hair. This helps in improving your hair quality and also escalates hair growth.
5. Increases the volume of hair:
These anti-inflammatory qualities of oatmeal render it to be one of the most nutritious and qualitative products to be used for your hair. In addition to this, oats are dirt-controlling agents which aid in proving the much-needed nourishment and moisture to your hair. This makes your hair look more voluminous, lustrous, and shiny.
How to use oats and oatmeal for hair?
More often than not, there is an availability of oatmeal shampoos in the commercial markets. These oatmeal shampoos are extremely helpful for rejuvenating the quality of hair. Not only that, but it also helps in treating cold sores or any other allergies on the head.
One can also use an oatmeal pack on hair which can help you gain beautiful and lustrous hair. The best way to apply oats on your hair is to make a hair mask at home which is extremely easy and anybody can do it within a few minutes. Here’s how you can do it:
Oats hair mask 1:
- Take a bowl full of pure oats and blend them until the result is a fine powder.
- Slowly, add some warm water to the oats powder until there is a thick yet smooth paste. Make sure you are covering it with a dish.
- Take this thick paste and apply it to your head after dampening them a bit.
- After applying the paste, cover your head with a shower cap and keep it for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can rinse off all the particles from your hair and see the change in your hair for yourself.
Oats hair mask 2:
- Take 2 tablespoons of honey and mix it with one tablespoon of oat flour.
- Mix them extremely well in half a cup of milk. If you want, then you can also add one tablespoon of coconut oil to it.
- Apply the paste to your hair. Let it rest for about fifteen to twenty minutes.
- You can then rinse it off with warm water.
Oats hair milk:
- Take a bowlful of rolled oats and soak them in three cups of water for approximately about 10 minutes.
- You can then strain it with a cloth. The resulting liquid is nothing other than the oat’s milk.
- You can a cotton swab and gently apply the oats milk on your scalp. Make sure your scalp is unwashed. If needed, you can also put some oil before applying this mixture on your head.
- After applying the liquid, gently massage your scalp, so that all the essential nutrients and vitamins are penetrated deep into the scalp.
- You can then wash it off with a mild shampoo and thank us later.
Using oats for hair can help you reap maximum benefits for your hair quality and should be inculcated in your hair care routine. Go ahead and try this for better hair growth!