Have you ever felt the need to flaunt the volume of your hair while walking down the road on a windy day? But, sadly the unstoppable hair loss is not letting that dream come true. Thick, voluminous hair is not only a dream for women, but they are also for men. However, due to the increasing pollution and hair care problems, thick and voluminous hair has, unfortunately, become the will o’ the wisp!
Be that as it may, if you are looking for quick and easy methods to increase the volume of your hair, one of the best solutions is to go for overnight hair masks. Now, what are overnight hair masks exactly?
Overnight hair masks as the name suggests are masks that you apply to your hair before you go to sleep, keeping into consideration other conditions as well. Overnight hair mask treatments are the easiest methods to treat damaged, brittle hair and increase the volume significantly.
What are the benefits of overnight hair mask treatments?
Overnight hair mask treatments are widely used across the globe and they have guaranteed a plethora of benefits. These are:
- Reduces dryness in your hair by infusing moisture in the shafts of your hair.
- Helps in adding shine to your hair.
- Helps in improving the quality of your hair, as it reduces breakage. This is extremely helpful for people who have brittle hair.
- You would not have to worry about that untamable frizz, as overnight hair masks help you in the reduction of that too.
- You would also be carefree from the tangles and knots which made combing a tedious task.
Different types of overnight hair mask treatments:
There are 7 different types of overnight hair mask treatments that can help you ameliorate the quality of your hair quickly and easily:
- Aloe Vera + Olive Oil +Egg Yolk:
Aloe vera is the elixir of life as it is the solution for all your skin and hair problems. It helps in removing dandruff and restoring the natural quality of your hair. You can mix the yolk of a small egg with 4 to 5 tablespoons of aloe vera, along with 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Mix the ingredients well and then apply them to your head. After applying it thoroughly you can cover your head with your shower cap and sleep. In the morning, rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- Onion Juice:
Take three to four onions and blend them well. Take the juice that you get from blending and put it in a spray bottle. Then spray the juice on your head. After applying the juice, you can cover your head with a shower cap and sleep. The next day, rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
However, if you cannot bear the stench of onion juice, you can always buy the commercially available onion oil, which does not smell that much.
- Milk and Honey:
Raw milk is considered to make your hair smooth and shiny, whereas honey is believed to have antibacterial properties which can help in treating any itching or dryness that might be experienced.
To get the desired effects, add one tablespoon of honey in a cup of raw milk. Apply the mask over your scalp, cover your head with a shower cap and then rinse your hair with lukewarm water in the morning. You can repeat this drill once or twice a week to get the desired results.
- Green Tea and Lemon Essential Oil:
This is one of the best overnight hair mask treatments for hair loss. Lemon essential oil helps in ameliorating the hair quality and also enhances hair growth. It helps you in keeping your head hygienic which in turn helps in the growth of your hair.
In addition to lemon essential oil, you can also apply green tea, as its anti-inflammatory properties help in regenerating your hair and prevent hair loss. You can mix four to five drops of lemon essential oil with four to five tablespoons of green tea. In the morning, you can wash it with lukewarm water.
How can you use an overnight hair mask effectively?
First things first, you can either buy or make an overnight hair mask that can help you treat your damaged hair. However, this can only be achieved, if you opt for the hair mask which is suitable for your hair type. Therefore, before buying or making any hair mask, it is essential to know your hair type, the problems associated with it and what kind of overnight hair mask treatment would be suitable for it.
Once you know which type of hair mask is suitable for you, follow these steps to achieve the desired results:
- Wash your hair, the way you are generally doing it. To remove the moisture from your head, you can use a towel or a hair turban. Removing the water or moisture is very essential before applying the mask.
- To make things easier for you, you can always divide the hair into sections with the help of your clips and then apply the mask with a brush or hair.
- Always start with the roots of your hair. Slowly massage the hair mask throughout your scalp. Then gradually pass your way throughout your entire hair strands to the tips.
- Once you know all your hair strands, roots and tips have been covered using a comb for the equal distribution of your mask throughout your hair.
- You can cover your head with a shower cap after combing through your hair.
- To preserve the hair mask on your head and to make sure that it is not rubbed off, you can put a towel on your pillow.
- The next morning when you wake up, you can just rinse your hair with lukewarm water. You might need to rinse it several times to remove all the ingredients from your hair.
How often should you use an overnight hair mask?
The number of times you need to apply an overnight hair mask depends on how damaged your hair is. If you have extremely dry and damaged hair, you can apply an overnight hair mask at least once or twice a week. If you have extremely oily hair, you can apply the hair mask once every two weeks.
However, if you are regularly applying an overnight hair mask, keeping in mind the aforementioned rules, but there are no desired results, then perhaps you need to talk to your hairstylist or dermatologist. The dermatologist might be able to enlighten you on any underlying hair problem or help you focus on other hair care products.