The Rumchata and Tequila rose are two appetizing and creamy alcoholic liquors used to make various cocktails and shots. The drinks prepared with tequila rose and rumchata are pure gold: they are creamy, sugary, and have an intoxicating agent.
Read on to know more about these two delightful liquors: Rumchata and tequila rose.
What is Rumchata?
Similar to Bailey’s Irish Cream, Rumchata is a cream liquor that is flavoured with vanilla and cinnamon. It is a popular product in most modern bars which are known for their sugar shooters like the dirty girl scout shot or carrot cake shot.
The origins of the popular Rumchata can be traced back to Wisconsin. Rumchata is a Wisconsin-produced cream liqueur made of a blend of five-time distilled Caribbean rum and Wisconsin dairy cream. After which, the cream liquor is flavoured by using cinnamon and vanilla along with “secret” flavours which are both artificial and natural.
The Rumchata is inspired by the famous holiday season drink Horchata. The difference being Horchata doesn’t contain dairy products like cream while Rumchata does.
The Rumchata has a smooth, spicy and rich blend which is known for its versatility. It can be served on its own on rocks or mixed with dairy cocktails like colorado bulldog or white Russian.
What is Tequila rose?
Tequila Rose is another popular cream liquor alcohol. It is Mexican cream alcohol that is made with a mixture of tequila and strawberry cream liqueur. The tequila is subtle and thus, only gives a spirit touch to the drink.
The strawberry cream flavour is predominant compared to the tequila, thus, it tastes more like strawberry milkshake rather than tequila. Both the Tequila rose and Rumchata are popular competitors of Bailey’s Irish cream.
Just like the rumchata, tequila rose can be consumed on its own as a lowball on the rocks or mixed with other ingredients to make flavourful creamy cocktails or dairy alcoholic beverages.
Rumchata and Tequila Rose
Both the Rumchata and Tequila rose are great on their own. However, if you want to experience real goodness, you need to consume both of these cream liquor together in an incredible concoction.
Here are two recipes that combine tequila rose and rumchata to make incredible dairy cocktails.
1. French Kiss shots
The French Kiss shots only need three ingredients. It is an easy-to-mix dairy cocktail which can be prepared in under 4 minutes. For this recipe you will need:
- Equal parts grenadine syrup
- Equal parts Rumchata
- Equal parts Tequila Rose
- Heavy whipped cream and, sprinkles or pink sugar (for garnishing purposes)
- Drizzle some grenadine syrup into the bottom of the shot glasses.
- Layer the Rumchata carefully on top of the grenadine syrup.
- Now, top with a generous layer of tequila rose.
- Finish it off by topping some heavy whipped cream.
- Garnish the drink with pink sugar or sprinkles.
Your perfect French kiss shot will be ready in under 4 minutes. This rumchata and tequila shot is perfect for the holiday season house parties.
2. The Black Rose Shooter
Again, the black rose shooter only requires three ingredients and can be ready in under 5 minutes. To make the perfect glass of the black rose shooter you will need:
- ¾ ounce Tequila rose
- Equal parts Rumchata
- ¾ ounce black vodka
- First, you need to gather all the ingredients.
- Once you have all the required ingredients, take a shot glass and carefully pour the tequila rose.
- Now, layer it with equal parts of Rumchata. Be careful to not shake or stir.
- Float or drizzle the black vodka on top of the layered shooter drink.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Tequila rose and Rumchata tips
- Even though both the Tequila rose and rumchata are the most popular choices of cream liquor alcohol, there are other liquors that work just fine if not better.
Liquors like the Baileys or Merrys Irish cream are just as great strawberry liqueurs. You can find other brands in the market that are just as creamy, pink and tasty strawberry liqueurs.
- Instead of pouring the vodka as a float, drizzling it is a much better option as it’s much easier and the effect that the black vodka creates on the pink liquor looks amazing.
- Sometimes depending on the kind of vodka, you may not get a distinct layer on top of the creamy base. If that happens, reverse the ingredients. Pour the vodka first then the cream liquor.
If you do not have all the ingredients, then you can try these tested recipe variations. These recipe variations produce similar effects if not exactly the same.
- If you do not have tequila rose, you can replicate the taste and look of it by creating a concoction of these two ingredients. Shake half an ounce of Bailey’s Irish cream with equal parts strawberry liquor and strain it into the shot glass.
- If you want to add a slight variation to the flavour, you can use Chambord or grenadine syrup instead of the tequila rose.
- While the black vodka gives a cool visual, it’s not 100% necessary. If you don’t have black vodka, you will get the same flavour with clear or Absolut vodka. Or you can use deep red vodka that is the Deep Eddy Cranberry. The taste will be just as good just with a hint of cherry red colour.
This is all you need to know about the Rumchata and tequila rose. Hurry and make yourself an appetizing dairy cocktail!