Santas Stiff Hot Chocolate Recipe. Sipping hot chocolate while binge-watching your favorite series is more or less like nirvana. There is no other feeling which can be as good as this. Chocolate can help you get over your binge-watching blues and your ex’s woes.
However, have you ever wondered if there is a way to level up your chocolate game? Well, there is. Perhaps you might have heard about some boozy hot chocolate cocktails mixed with some alcohol. Well, that’s exactly what we are going to discuss in this article. After explaining how to make a basic hot chocolate cocktail, we’ll guide you to make Santa’s Stiff Hot Chocolate cocktail.
So, let’s dive straight into this.
What is exactly a hot chocolate cocktail?
A hot chocolate cocktail is hot cocoa spiked with some alcohol. One of the common and easiest hot chocolate cocktails is adult hot chocolate.
Adding a bit of schnapps to your hot cocoa can upgrade your drink to another level that is beyond your imagination. So, let us understand what an adult hot chocolate cocktail is and what ingredients can be added before we talk about Santa’s Stiff Hot Chocolate cocktail.
An adult hot chocolate cocktail drink is a mix of hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps. Now, schnapps is the type of alcoholic beverage which can be available in several forms such as distilled fruit brandies, herbal liqueurs, infusions mixed with fruit syrups, spices, and neutral grain spirits.
The word schnapps has been derived from a German word that is related to spirit drinks.
What are the basic ingredients needed to make a Santas Stiff Hot Chocolate Recipe cocktail?
To make a perfect hot chocolate cocktail, you would require some basic ingredients such as:
- Two to three ounces of peppermint schnapps
- Six to eight ounces of hot chocolate
- Whipped cream for garnishing purposes
- You can also add some chocolate syrup garnishing purposes.
As you add some peppermint schnapps to hot chocolate, the resulting flavor would be more like mint-chocolate. However, due to the addition of alcohol, your drink will be more delicious, warm, and sweeter than before.
Not only that, if you are garnishing it with whipped cream and chocolate syrup, you will certainly feel the presence of paradise. You can thank us later:)
This is the most common type of hot chocolate cocktail which is known by many names such as peppermint kiss, coconapps, or the snuggler.
To make this drink perfectly, take a warm mug or an Irish coffee glass and fill it with hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps as per the proportion mentioned above. Stir the ingredients well and voila, you have the heavenly drink ready.
What are the different variations of a hot chocolate cocktail?
- To make it more attractive and delicious, you can pick some candy canes especially when it’s the time of the holidays. You can hang these candy canes on the side of the glass. Next, allow them to slowly meltdown due to the warmth of the atmosphere. With these candy canes and peppermint schnapps, you will get an even mintier flavor.
- If you do not have any peppermint schnapps on your shelf, you do not have to worry. You can even pick creme de menthe, which is a sweet mint-flavored alcoholic beverage that can be available in two versions: white and green. For making this dink, you can use any. Adding creme de menthe can make your drink similar to a midnight snowstorm. Midnight snowstorm is another hot chocolate cocktail with a mint flavor.
- However, if you want the best of both the world, you can just mix them both and the resulting drink will be a hot peppermint patty. A hot peppermint patty recipe involves using both the peppermint schnapps and creme de menthe, along with creme de cacao which is a chocolate flavor.
- If you want, you can also add a bit of coffee flavor to it. You can just add a small shot of coffee liqueur to it, which makes the taste similar to a chocolate kiss.
Now that we know how a basic hot chocolate cocktail is made, let us understand what Santa’s Stiff Hot Chocolate Cocktail is and what are the ingredients required for making it.
What is Santa’s stiff hot chocolate cocktail?
As the name suggests, this drink is believed to be Santa’s favorite drink who comes home after a long hard day and sits on a couch with this drink on a cold winter’s night.
A Santa’s Stiff Hot Chocolate cocktail recipe involves the following ingredients:
- One tbsp of Honey
- 50ml of dark rum
- 2 cups of Milk
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- One stick cinnamon
- Half a cup of chocolate
If you want, then you can also use some chocolate chip marshmallows and whipped cream in this drink, for garnishing purposes.
Directions for making a Santa’s stiff hot chocolate cocktail:
To make the Santa’s stiff hot chocolate drink perfectly, you will need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Take a small saucepan and keep it at low heat.
- Next, add some of the ingredients required for this drink. Those ingredients include milk, honey, sugar, and one cinnamon stick.
- To add chocolate to this mix, grate some chocolate beforehand. Next, cook some chocolate until it has been melted completely.
- After the chocolate has been melted, you can add a couple of drops of vanilla essence and rum to it.
- You can shake up the mixture in a cocktail shaker before straining it into a glass. The glass required for this drink is generally an Irish coffee glass, similar to the adult hot chocolate cocktail. Irish coffee mugs are generally used to serve hot cocoa, hot tea, and cold coffee and juices. They are more suitable for serving whipped cream-topped beverages. Its elevated graceful foot along with a looped handle helps to hold the mug especially when it is consisting of hot beverages.
- As mentioned earlier, you can garnish the drink with some whipped cream and mini marshmallows. The more common method is to top it off some marshmallows as broiling them on a baking sheet before they go brown, takes only one or two minutes. And, it’s even tastier.