Men bodybuilders with a v shape taper definitely stand out in the crowd. With men raving about building muscles in the present times, the euphoria for a v shape body might have decreased but hasn’t vanished. People still desire a v shaped body, and also, it ain’t that easy to get one.
A v shape body for men is about broader shoulders and a slimmer waist. You must have noticed for yourself that a guy’s body and abs are highlighted in a better way when his shoulders are broader and his waist is slim.
The three major muscles that play an important role in building a male v shape body are the lats (lower back muscles), the deltoids (shoulders), and the abs or the abdominal muscles. A workout regime focusing on these three body parts can help you achieve a v shape taper.
How to build a v shape body?
Here are some workouts and exercises that can help you in building a v shape body:
- Get yourself down in the pushup position.
- Take a ball and place your right hand on it.
- Lower your chest, just like you do a pushup, and go down until it’s a few inches from the ground.
- Push up until you reach the position where your right arm is perfectly straight. Touch your right shoulder with your left hand.
- Do a standard number of reps likewise, and then repeat the same with the ball under your left hand.
- You can go for 6-8 reps with each arm.
Also read: How To Get The Brad Pitt ‘Fight Club’ Look?
- Lat pull-down exercises:
Lat pull-down exercises are done using a machine, and with a different set of grips to target different areas of the back. Since wide grip lat pulldown exercises work to widen your lats, they are the perfect set of exercises for achieving a V-shape taper.
- Sit on the pull-down machine and adjust your knee pads.
- Grab the bar of the machine tightly with your palms. Place your hands approx shoulder-width apart from each other.
- Squeeze your back and pull the bar through your elbows. Bring the bar lower till the point that it touches your chest.
- Hold the bar, and then take it upwards slowly to the original position, and you’ve completed one rep after you’ve done so.
- 2-3 sets, with 12-14 reps each is advisable.
- Dumbbell single-arm shoulder press:
- Hold a dumbbell in your right hand in front of your right shoulder.
- Take your hand up, pressing the weight above your shoulder, and then bring it down.
- Do your standard number of reps. Repeat with the left arm.
- You can go for 5-6 reps, and 2-4 sets.
- Lateral raise with dumbbells:
Lateral raises create a great amount of activation in the lateral deltoid muscles and are one very popular exercise for building the male v shape body.
- Stand with your feet placed shoulder-width apart and grab a dumbbell in each palm and let your palms face inwards, with the dumbbells hanging outwards at the sides.
- Raise your arms to your sides to the extent that they get in line with your shoulders.
- Hold the position for a while, and then, bring it down slowly to the starting position and you would’ve completed one rep then.
To bring in a little variation, you can also bend your knees alongside doing the exercise. You can even work this out with some sort of chest support if you feel like it.
- Reverse crunches:
Crunches are one of the best exercises to get ripped abs. reverse crunches also help you in structuring your abdominal muscles. Reverse crunches emphasize more on your waist and are one progressive step towards achieving a v shape body.
- Lie down on the floor and extend your legs and arms fully at the sides of your body, and keep your palms on the ground.
- Try to make your thighs perpendicular to the ground, by moving your legs up.
- Now, roll your hips backwards and move your legs towards your body and meanwhile, slowly inhale.
- Keep doing it till you reach the point where your knees touch your chest.
- Move back to the original position, while you exhale at the same time.
- You can go for 2-3 sets, of 8-10 reps each.
- Vertical leg raise crunches:
This is one great crunch exercise, which is used to get a male v shape body, with chiselled and ripped abs. These are very effective to strengthen the abdominal muscles.
- Lie down on the floor, and put your hands behind your head.
- Lift your legs without locking your knees. Cross your ankles, and now you’ve achieved your starting position.
- Lift your torso, thereby bending your knees. Push your head close to your knees or try to touch your toes with your hands. Meanwhile, exhale at the same time.
- Hold the position for a while and get back to the starting position, while also inhaling at the same time.
For vertical leg raise crunches, you can go for 8-10 reps with 2-3 sets.
To get a v shape body, it is quite important to focus on the thickness of your back as well, and this is where the T-bar rowing exercises come in since these help you in increasing the muscle density on your back.
The T-bar row exercises are the strongest pull form exercise, and you also have the option of adding more weights to the rows, according to your preference.
- Load a barbell with weights. Position one end on some sturdy surface, like between the corners of walls using towels.
- Bend down and try to form an angle of 450 degrees between your upper body and the floor.
- Keep your lower back arched and pull the bar to touch your chest.
- Bend your knees and pull your elbows high.
- While you pull up the weights during doing these types of exercises, contract your back muscles and help in increasing the thickness of the back.
Also, a lot many different types of versions of this exercise are available, and you can always keep experimenting and looking out for new workouts.