Style is something that has always evolved with time. From the very beginning, people from different civilizations, different cultures, all have been conscious of their style. And, when we talk of style, there’s one part of the body that we just can’t afford to miss, and that’s our hair.
Your hairstyle says so much about you. And hence, it is all the more important to set your hair the way you like. We are here today to talk about wavy hair.
Wavy hair comes naturally to some men, some have to try really hard to make them wavy by the use of various products. We’re here talking about wavy hair since textured hair is a recent trend. Apart from various textured hairstyles making their place on most men’s list of favorite hairstyles, texture adds great volume and dimension to your hair and hairstyle as well.
We recognize and appreciate a change in your hairstyles, and therefore, here we are to give out some ways that you can try to make your straight hair wavy. These methods will generally work better for shorter hair and hair that have some extent of natural wave in them. Because you know adding waves to extremely straight hair can be really tough at times.
Have a look at the methods, and try whatever works the best for your hair.
1. By using hair products:
There are a lot of products that can help you hold on and enhance the waviness of your hair if there’s some present already.
You must, however, know how to apply these products well for maximum results. When you get out of the shower, you need to gently towel your hair so that they are damp. Take your product and make it work across your hair strands through your fingers. Style your hair into waves, or any particular hairstyle that you want.
It is your hair product essentially that will do the wonders here, and you just need to remember to apply it to damp hair. That’s it. that’s the secret.
Let’s also have a look at the essential and most common products that can be applied to your hair to add waves to them.
- Hair conditioner:
We probably do not need to stress how most men act lousy and forget applying conditioner to their hair. Apart from adding texture and making your hair soft and smooth, conditioner can also make your hair look wavy to a good extent. Applying conditioner 2-3 times a week is generally advisable for normal hair.
Also read: Why Vodka Is Good For Skin & Hair?
All you need to do is: first, wash your hair with shampoo and use a good amount of water to rinse it out. After the shampoo is completely out of your hair strands, take some amount of conditioner (follow the labels for this) and apply it all over your hair. Cover the entire length of your hair, or use a hair comb to spread it evenly throughout the length. Do not apply it on your scalp. Keep it intact for 2-3 minutes, and then wash it out.
- Hair Mousse:
Hair mousse can be used on its own, as well as with other hair products. It is known to be effective in enhancing hair texture, thickening hair, and boosting its volume. It can also be used to get wavy hair.
Before you apply hair mousse, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner. Air dry your hair or use low heat if you’re using a hairdryer. Take the required amount of mousse in your hand and apply it all over your head. As already discussed, apply it on gently wet or damp hair. Use a soft towel to squeeze out excess water, if any.
The first option of hair products is the one that doesn’t use heat. Now, we will move on to the method where you can make hair wavy using heat. This method is mostly used when your hair is very straight, or when you want long-lasting waves in your hair.
Let us go step-by-step on how you can get wavy hair by blow-drying them.
- First, you need to apply a styling product on your damp hair, like a mousse, salt spray, etc. use your fingers and a comb to distribute it evenly throughout your hair.
- The second step is a hair cream or a pomade. A hair cream will help you lock the twists and waves that you make in your hair strands at this point.
- Try to twist your hair all over your head, after dividing them into many small sections.
- Now, after you’ve made your twists, it’s time to blow dry your hair.
- Gently try to scrunch the twists when you’re blow-drying your hair. Blow-dry your hair to the point when they become completely dry.
Now, use a hair spray or some more salt spray to finally give the last wavy touch to your hair, and it’s done!
Wavy hair facts!
Some facts about your wavy hair that you must know before trying out any of the above methods:
- Wavy hair is comparatively easier to style than straight or curly hair. Even without any styling, wavy hair looks like it’s been combed into some style.
- All types of hair products mostly work well on wavy hair.
- You might get dandruff quite easily with wavy hairstyles.
- If your hair is straight, you can only try and make them wavy for some time. No product can magically turn your straight hair into wavy, forever.
- Wavy hairstyles work well with all lengths of hair in men, be it short, medium, or long.
- Wavy hair does not need a lot of care.
So, this is about wavy hair and how to get wavy hair. There are other methods available to make hair wavy for a short time, for example braiding your hair. You can try that out too. In the end, we want you to have your perfect hair, just the way you like it.
We hope this helps, and do not think too much. Want wavy hair? Go for it!